Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Hi Everyone,

Guess I fell more behind on my reading than I thought but now that I 'm all caught up I have one thing to say, "Wow." And one question for Jim, "Where do you find all of these juicy articles?" "I just keep my eyes and mind open....and there they are" (:<) Jim
On another note I'm glad the Advisory meeting went well and I can't wait for the next one on the Febuaury 10th.
By the way so no one forgets,
Reminder for Sunday:


  • Application-David, John, and Grandpa
  • Curriculum(1st Draft)-Katelyn, and Amber
  • Web Page (Open Deadline)-Dan

(Sorry Jim haven't figured any paperwork for you yet but I can guarantee you will be one of the first to critetic ours)

Other things we discussed on Sunday were:

Selection

  1. Age: 14-19
  2. attitude: Positive
  3. Criteria: Communication Skills, Active interest in the world around them

Length- 6 weeks (will have breaks between groups)

Groups

  • 15 youth per group
  • 4 groups total
  • Groups attend camp for 2 weeks a piece

The 4 groups are broken down into 2 sessions (1 session =2 groups) (also, 1 session= 3 weeks)(meaning 2 groups =3 weeks) (Thus how we got the 6 weeks from 4 groups) We plan on having a break between sessions (time off not predicided...As yet)

The 2 groups in each sessions will over lap for a week, so each group will have a week to explore and a week to work/meet another group.

Location: McMath-Hulbert Solar Observatory

Sleeping arrangement: Oakland University Dorms

Type: Mixture of Local, National, and International (Need to figure out how to split the groups up)

If you have any questions about the SoL Summer Camp, e-mail me at kesmith882006@yahoo.com, I should be able to get back to you next day, or just come to the Breakfast Club Meeting Sunday morning and ask David, Amber, Jim, or myself at the Observatory.

~Katelyn

P.S.- Get-R-Done


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home