Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Another Kindred Spirit "Rings the Bell"

Hey Folks:

As you already know you make your friends where you find them. Please keep the following name Sherry Kuchon in your thoughts when you are at the conference. Perhaps you will get the chance to meet her. Please make sure you thank her for her positive efforts on your behalf.

Best,

Jim

*E-mail to Sherry Kuchon 10-6-2004

Hi Sherry:

In speaking with Kent yesterday prior to your “OCQC steering committee” meeting he made me aware that you had intervened on behalf of the Sol Conference SEED Program student’s participation through the OSTC/NW administrators. I want to thank you for the “wake-up call!” I’m also not surprised from whence it came. (;<)

I also want to thank you on behalf of those students and teachers taking part in the conference. I will make sure they know they have another “kindred spirit” in their camp.

Hope all finds you well.

Best,

Jim

Response from Sherry Kuchon 10-6-2004

Thank you Jim, for the kinds words. My heart and convictions are totally in line with yours when it comes to young people and their freedom to learn and discover. Don't think for a minute that I don't hold all the information I have about "possibilities", for that opportune moment to plant the seed in fertile soil. I refuse to spend any time throwing seeds on rocks.

I do want to say on behalf of Marlana, her heart is with the kids as well. For whatever reasons, the powers that be moved me closer to the head office and has buried Marlana in layers of organizational buracracy. She manages to do great things with students in spite of it.

I miss the occasional trip to the observatory. I know it's most beautiful in the fall. I have not yet acquired a state of equilibrium since last spring's shake up and consequently scrutinize how I ration my time. But know our many conversations lay close at heart for for an open door or a chance to push the door open when the odds for success are in our favor.

I do really appreciate your words. You and Kent have both been the champions and I am happy to support your work. I look forward to spending some time with you next week.

Sherry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home