Friday, July 30, 2004

My Opinion on SEED

Jim
I was looking up info about The SEED program (The Schlumberger Excelence in Educational Developement) and I have to say I'm not too keen on representing a program that I have no knowledge or involvement in. But here's what I got after reading "About SEED". It's an adult Volunteer program were children learn and find pathways that they want to explore, and since the program is through internet access it can be viewed all over the world in many countries. Some programs are for all ages while some are for specific age groups, hey even NASA (National Aeronatical Space Association) was in there as an Educational program. SEED has been around since 1998, and in six years I think they have amased many vollenteers(experts in certain fields), programs and children who have learned from them. Right now they are trying to get technology, especially the internet, into classrooms of students, who would otherwise be ignorant (sorry) to such things and the knowledge that comes from such technologies. While I was reading "About SEED" it reminded me of what you are doing with Club Technology, bringing the technology to them that they would otherwise been oblivious to until they were in the real world and extremely unprepared. Now this looks like a favorable review but might I mention again that the program is run by ADULT volenteers and therefore should be presented by such, plus I have had no former ties to this program thus far and there would be no time to gather a proper presentation, even deserving to be presented, in a crowd gathering of this magnitude, and if I were on the SEED board myself I would choose a student that has been in the program for many years that also knows every up, down, twist or turn that is to be had in the program.
Sincerely,

~Katelyn


Concise, Articulate, and Fabulous. What could we do to get this message across to the SEED participants during the time they are here at the conference, if anything?

Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home