Monday, June 07, 2004

Hey Guys: (ALERT)

I may have forgotten to make you aware of the Venus Transit of the Sun observing opportunity taking place on Tuesday (tomorrow morning), June 8, 2004 at 6:00AM at the corner of Baldwin and Lake Angelus in the stirp mall parking lot. Please e-mial me at jross2@earthlink.net if you intend to come. This is a rare event.

http://skyandtelescope.com/printable/observing/objects/article_1261.asp
blogger

Shame on me.

View the results of the Venus Transit June 8, 2004 (click-on header Transit of Venus at top of page)
http://www.mcmathhulbert.org
blogger

Best,

Jim

1 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Hi Jim,
The event sounds really cool and the web page you directed me to said the event takes 6-hours, which would be impossible with my current schedule. (exams start at 7:30AM tomorrow morning.) But if I can drag my sister out of bed early enough, and my mom says it's ok I try for the first Twenty minutes which as the site said will be the most interesting.
I'll give an update later to tell you for sure if i can go.
Another thing, are they going to be taping the event?
Suggested good read: The Domain, Steve Alten.

~Katelyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home